Adult Learn to Sail
This program is designed primarily for adults with no prior sailing experience.
You will learn the basics of how to sail and experience first-hand the pleasures of sailing.
Participants will enjoy complimentary Yacht Club privileges until the end of July and Learn-to-sail registration fees may be credited towards membership. For more information on membership, Click here.
Participants who become members will be eligible to use Club owned boats.
This program is designed for Adults & Teens 17+. Participants will learn how to sail single-handed dinghies. A two-handed dinghy is also available for couples or people wanting to learn in a 2-handed boat. For rates, packages and registration form, please click here
This program is open to adults and their family. The program is held on Monday evenings at 6:00pm from the end of April through to the end of June.
Two evenings of in-class instruction are followed by up to eight evenings on the water.
Participants will sail with experienced yacht club skippers on a variety of 24’ to 34’ cruising and racing sailboats. Participants will also have the option to choose an introduction to dinghy sailing on a 14’ single-person dinghy.
Each sailing session is followed by a barbecue with the skippers and Club members.
To Inquire or Register, Click Here.
What to Bring
- A good hat (that will stay on!) and quality sunscreen.
- Sunglasses, if they are secured with a strap.
- A comfortable, approved, PFD (ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY!)
- Old running shoes for sailing. Going barefoot in a boat is very dangerous!
- Layered clothing, and extra clothing/shoes to change into after a wet sail.
- Wind proof jacket and pants if it's a cool day.
It's also nice to have:
- Sailing shoes or boots
- Sailing gloves (bicycling gloves also work well and are less expensive)