SAIL TRAINING @ BQYC
All sail training programs (Sailing School, Learn to Race, Youth Race Team, Adult Learn to Sail) operate from the Bay of Quinte Yacht Club (BQYC) located at the tip of Victoria Harbour in Belleville. The air-conditioned building and classrooms are designed for training and larger groups, so we couldn't ask for a better facility. The grounds are a safe, park setting providing sunny and shady areas for many on shore activities, and on the Bay of Quinte for excellent sailing experiences. Dinghy summer lawn storage is available to our racers and members.
The Sail Training Committee oversees –
- For Mature Teens & Adults – The Adult Learn to Sail – Keelboats & Adult Dinghy Program
- For Children & Youth - Sailing opportunities include summer camps, group lessons and the learn to race program.
- Racing programs @ BQYC – For children and youth eager to learn to race and practice their skills we offer the Youth Race Team. Open to anyone with CanSail 2 and above.
- For advanced youth racers, we offer high performance team opportunities. Selection is made each spring and by coach approval.
- For Youth and Adults, we offer Saturday regatta events throughout the summer. Don’t have a boat? Charter an Optimist and Laser! (based on availability)
Please review our programs and select a summer full of fun!
Cell: 613 827-SAIL / 613 827-7245
Mailing address: BQYC – ST , PO BOX 22171, Belleville, ON, K8P 5V7
For inquiries on tax receipts, please contact the club Treasurer: email@example.com
Code of Conduct
BQYC Sail Training adheres to a Code of Conduct to ensure that the youth, parents and volunteers experience a positive healthy environment. To download a copy of the Code of Conduct, please: Click here
Join us for a Summer of Fun!
Each spring an open house introduces the programs and instructors. This is a great time for families to look at all the programs available for ages from 8 – 88! Plan to attend or call, email, or visit us in person. Register now to ensure your spot - enrolment is limited.
In Person & by Mail
In Person or by mail: Please download and complete the PDF forms. Please check our home page for hours of operation, if you’d like to visit in person.
- Adult and Family Learn to Sail Keelboat: click here for .pdf
- Adult and teen 17+ dinghy lessons: .pdf
- Summer Sailing School Camps and Learn to Race: .pdf
- Youth Race Team Training / Quinte Quest Clinic and Regatta: .pdf
- High Performance Training Fee Schedule: Coming soon
- Need to charter a boat? Limited Youth Race Team Charter Boats Available: pdf
Online Registration - Simple & Secure!
Please note: The process for online registration takes you to the secure ChecKLICK Sports Registration Website. Online registration allows you to track your child's progress and be involved in the skills they are working on!
- Adult and Family Learn to Sail Keelboat: online registration click here
- Adult and teen 17+ dinghy lessons: click here
- Summer Sailing School Camps and Learn to Race: click here
- Youth Race Team Training click here
- Quinte Quest Clinic and Regatta: click here
- High Performance Training Fee Schedule: Coming Soon
- Need to charter a boat? Limited Youth Race Team Charter Boats Available: click here
All participants in Youth Race Team and High-Performance Training (only) must have a club membership. Children & Youth up to 25 years are covered under their parent's membership.