Junior Sailing - What to Bring
• A comfortable, approved life jacket. Students without an approved life jacket will not sail.
• Old running shoes (barefoot in a boat can be dangerous!) Closed-toed shoes are mandatory!
• A lunch, other than specially announced lunch days. There are no food services at BQYC. Notes from parents or guardians are required for students under 13 wishing to purchase their lunch offsite.
• A good hat (that will stay on!)
• Quality waterproof sunscreen
• Sunglasses secured with a strap
• Layered and light clothing suitable to wear in summer conditions and on the water where it is highly likely the student will get wet (jeans and hoodies are not recommended on the water).
• Extra clothing/shoes to change into after a wet sail. Sailors get wet and thus require an available change of clothing. Without this, they may miss further sailing that day.
• Wind proof jacket and pants (for cool days)
• At the CANSail 3 & 4 it is also recommended to have sailing shoes or boots, and sailing gloves (bicycling gloves work well and are usually less expensive).
You will have space in the Learn-to Sail building to store your belongings. BQYC cannot be responsible for lost items. Please leave your valuables at home. No cell phones usage on the property. Please see that the Sailor’s name is on things they bring to Youth Sailing Summer Day Camp - especially their PFD!