Adult Learn to Sail
There are two adult programs in Adult Learn to Sail: Yacht Sailing and Dinghy Sailing as described below. These programs are designed primarily for adults with no prior sailing experience.
You will learn the basics of how to sail and experience first-hand the pleasures of sailing.
YACHT SAILING (FULL for 2022)
This program is open to all adults. The program is held on Monday evenings at 6:00pm from May 2 through to the end of July 4 (10 weeks). It involves two evenings of in-class instruction followed by up to eight evenings on the water.
Participants will sail with experienced club skippers on a variety of 24’ to 35’ sailboats. Each sailing session is followed by a social time and light dinner (Meals covered in the cost of registration) with the skippers and Club members.
Participants will enjoy complimentary Yacht Club privileges until the end of July and Learn-to-sail registration fees may be credited towards membership. Eligible participants are required to complete an application form available at BQYC.ca. For more information on membership, Click here.
WHAT TO BRING
- A well fitting, approved, PFD (Personal Flotation Device) is Mandatory.
- A good hat (that will stay on!) and quality sunscreen.
- Sunglasses, if they are secured with a strap.
- Athletic shoes with non-marking soles.
- Layered, quick drying clothing.
- Weather proof jacket and pants if it's a windy, wet or cool day.
- Consider packing extra clothing/shoes for the car to change into after if the weather is windy or wet.
It's also nice to have:
- Sailing shoes or boots
- Sailing gloves (bicycling gloves also work well and are less expensive)