Covid 19 Update for 2020 Learn to Sail Programs (June 9, 2020)
BQYC has made the difficult decision to extend the cancellation of our Youth Sailing Camps to ALL Summer Sail Training programs (Youth Sailing Camps, Adult Dinghy Program, private and semi-private lessons).
Although this was a disappointing decision, we know it was the right decision to protect the health and safety of our stakeholders, and the right financial decision for BQYC We will process the remaining refunds to registrants of the Adult Dingy Program.
We plan to be back next spring with Adult Yacht Lessons and next summer with our full compliment of Youth and Adult summer programs. Let's hope that things return to normal by then!
In the meantime, we hope that you and your family remain healthy.
SAIL TRAINING @ BQYC
Sailing is a healthy outdoor activity that’s fun for the whole family. Here on the Bay of Quinte we are fortunate to have one of the best places to sail anywhere in the world. Experience the thrill of sailing this summer and enjoy it for the rest of your life.
All sail training programs operate from the Bay of Quinte Yacht Club (BQYC) located at the tip of Victoria Harbour in Belleville. The air-conditioned building and classrooms are designed for training and larger groups, so we couldn't ask for a better facility. The grounds are a safe, park setting providing sunny and shady areas for many on shore activities, and on the Bay of Quinte for excellent sailing experiences. Dinghy summer lawn storage is available to our racers and members for a nominal fee.
At BQYC we have programs designed with you in mind,
- For Children & Youth from age 8 to17 - Sailing opportunities include summer camps and private or group lessons (Youth Sailing Program) - Cancelled for 2020
- For Adults age 17+ (Adult Learn-to-Sail)
- Adult Learn-to-Sail Yachts - Cancelled for 2020
- Adult Learn-to-Sail Dinghy Programs - Cancelled for 2020
- For Youth age 8+ who have achieved CanSail 2 and want to hone their skills through competition there is the learn-to-race program (Learn-to- Race), and Youth Race Team (Youth Race Team) . Optimist and Laser dinghies available for charter on a first come, first serve basis - Cancelled for 2020
- Quinte Quest Regatta– a one or two-day summer learning regatta for youth on the August long weekend- Cancelled for 2020
If you are unfamiliar with our program offerings, please browse through our Sail Training information. A downloadable program guide book can be found here.
Code of Conduct
BQYC Sail Training (ST) adheres to a Code of Conduct to ensure that the youth, parents and volunteers experience a positive healthy learning environment. To download a copy of the Code of Conduct, please: Click here
The BQYC Sailing School's main focus is on the safety of our sailors, below you will find our concussion policy as well as many resources on the subject
The policy addresses the four main components from Rowan's Law
- Education and Awareness
- Concussion Codes of Conduct for participants as well as leaders
- Removal from Sport Protocols
- Return to Sport Protocol
Coaches participating in the Quinte Quest Regatta, please fill out the following wavier (download link - coach waiver) and bring it to the registration desk the first day of competition or email it to email@example.com
Join us for a Summer of Fun!
For more information about our programs, call or email us:
Cell: 613 827-SAIL / 613 827-7245
BQYC – Sail Training
PO BOX 22171
Belleville ON K8P 5V7
Please register now to ensure your spot - limited enrollment is available!